5 things to know today, July 21, in Montgomery County
It’s Wednesday, July 21, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Redistribution meeting: The Maryland Citizens Redistricting Commission will hold a virtual meeting for residents of Montgomery County at 6 p.m. Residents must Register now to receive information on how to attend and testify.
County redistribution meeting set for Wednesday
2. COVID-19 screening and vaccination clinics: Free COVID-19 tests are available county-wide at 11 test sites today. Montgomery County clinics immunize residents 12 years of age and older. Make an appointment here.
Do you need a # COVID-19[FEMALE[FEMININE test❔ There is #free testing clinics are now opening in the county. We offer testing to anyone living, working, or visiting Montgomery County on a regular basis.
For more information https://t.co/0VeDQDOxzG. pic.twitter.com/m2B68sb6T0
– MD from Montgomery County (@MontgomeryCoMD) July 20, 2021
3. Roundtable on equity and justice: Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Congressman David Trone to host fairness and justice roundtable at 1:15 p.m. Register here.
4. Cooking workshop for children: Children ages 8 to 12 can participate in a virtual cooking workshop at 11 a.m. hosted by the Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL). Adult supervision is required. See the list of ingredients and information on Zoom here.
Did you know that cooking combines math and chemistry? Tomorrow at 11 a.m., join our Mixing it Up! Cooking workshop for 8-12 year olds. You can cook or have fun watching while we demonstrate. Check out the ingredient list and login information here: https://t.co/SbgAJPYzRt pic.twitter.com/1NdX7p9xuX
– mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) July 20, 2021
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Contacting lawmakers online” and “Protecting personal information online”.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers …Find the latest updates on coronavirus news in Montgomery County here.