5 things to know today, October 4, in Montgomery County
Today is Monday, October 4, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council press briefing: Council Chairman Tom Hucker and Vice President Gabe Albornoz will hold a press conference today at 10 a.m. to discuss the bus transportation system, the fare fairness study, and other council business. Sean O’Donnell, Public Health Emergency Preparedness Officer, will provide a COVID-19 update. The briefing will be broadcast on the Council’s Facebook here.
2. Domestic violence in Montgomery County: October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The Montgomery County Domestic Violence Coordinating Council and Domestic Violence Survivors gathered today to highlight the services offered to victims of domestic violence.
3. Municipal Monday: The mayor and council of Gaithersburg meet virtually at 7:30 p.m. and the the agenda can be found here. The Town of Poolesville Commissioners meet at 7:00 p.m. and the agenda can be found here. Rockville Mayor and Council hold virtual meeting at 7:00 p.m. The meeting the agenda can be found here.
4. Proof of vaccination required: As of today, the Fillmore Silver Spring requires participants must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result or a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Fillmore will accept a printed copy of a negative test or vaccination result, or the original vaccination card.
County performance venues set COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements for attendees
5. Libraries are launching a new online catalog: Public libraries are now implementing an enhanced online catalog known as Aspen Discovery.
Our new catalog comes out on Monday, October 4! Read this article to find out what services will be limited this weekend during the transition, and the many new features in the catalog! https://t.co/EnWsXgeADY pic.twitter.com/65XDEEXwjq
– mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) October 1, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers …Find the latest updates on coronavirus news in Montgomery County here.