Fire in Damascus near charging electric car causes $350,000 in damage
A fire in Damascus broke out on Thursday afternoon near an electric car that was charging in a garage.
A fire in Damascus, Maryland on Thursday afternoon that started with an electric car charging in a garage displaced four people, a few pets and caused $350,000 in damage.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer said the fire at a home in the 2700 block of Barnes Road started in the garage near the front of a Chevy Volt that was in charge.
Update (220p 3/31) 2790- Barnes Rd, Damascus; Cause, the fire originated in/on/or around the front of the IAO of an electric vehicle (Chevy Volt) under active load; Original area, attached garage; Damage, ~$350,000; 4 people & some displaced dogs; 1 person rescued https://t.co/KS3SeK9fGC pic.twitter.com/oKI93mgcQ2
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) April 1, 2022
One person had to be rescued, Piringer said.
No injuries were reported.
Get the latest news and daily headlines delivered to your inbox by signing up here.
© 2022 OMCP. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users located in the European Economic Area.